Saturday, February 17, 2007

Love Factually

I forgot to post this on Valentine's Day, but it is still the love month, so here it is. A few years ago I accidentally watched the film "Love Actually", thinking it would be a light romantic comedy, while positioned in front of the screen on a long flight. The film followed the stories of many kinds of love relationships, however people wanted to define love or relationship. It embraced any kind of "love" as long as the people involved were happy.

While I agree that love is wonderful when it is rich with emotion, enjoyment and romance, it is also at its best when it involves commitment to one another within marriage, husband and wife. I read an article in the newspaper here on Valentine's Day stating that the busiest days for hotels in Manila during the month of February are the days before and after Valentine's Day. It went on to say that Valentine's Day is for the wife, but the day before or after is for the lover. Mike smiled and responded that he is happy to say that I am both.

I don't want to embarrass Mike, but when he tells me he loves me, I know it. I know it because he shows it in so many ways. He talks to me more than any husband I have ever heard of. He genuinely enjoys spending time with me and cares about what I have to say, what I desire, and he values my input and thoughts. But more than that, I know that he loves me because of the promise he made.

I enjoy any excuse for a romantic dinner, flowers, chocolate and a special date together, so naturally I always look forward to Valentine's Day. Here are my favorite romantic places where we have spent Valentine's Day.

New York City - New York is a very romantic, fascinating city, with many fantastic restaurants and shows. We liked to go out for dinner, followed by a walk in Central Park. However, in the month of February, you have to bundle up because it is cold. Snowfall provides a beautiful romantic backdrop, but I don't want to think about that right now since I am in the tropics, the place of perpetual summer. Besides, the beaches in the Philippines are very romantic spots as well.

Krakow, Poland - Krakow is a magical place, especially in the city center with the cobblestone streets, horse and carriages and Wawel Castle lit up in the background. The restaurants are excellent and inexpensive and it is fun to wander through the streets together, hand in hand, exploring the center. But once again, in gloves, hat, etc. because it is cold.

Manila, Philippines - Manila has many great restaurants, malls and coffee shops. And if you want to watch a film, the tickets cost less than three dollars. It is a romantic place for a Valentine's Day date. And the weather is nice in February, which is relatively cooler.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for making me look good, and I will try to live up to it now. Mike

Я люблю тебя!

Ro said...

that is so sweet!

Unknown said...

Thank you, Mira!
You & Mike are the best example of family
God bless!
Lena
BSM