Sunday, December 9, 2007

Magnify

As I look at today’s headlines, I turn aside to be quiet and think. I turn aside to pray and allow everything inside of me, everything around me and the troubles and concerns worldwide to pause and fade into the background before the holy, loving and mighty God I serve.

I magnify Him as I stand in awe of the beauty and wonder of His creation.

I magnify Him because of the unending, perfect love that He lavishes on us despite ourselves.

I magnify Him because He can shed light on any problem, difficult situation or seemingly insurmountable mountain that we face.

I magnify Him because His understanding of our souls, our desires and needs is complete and only He can assuage the appetites of our souls.

I magnify Him because He does.

I magnify Him because He is.

I magnify Him because He continually stretches out His arms to us in love, inviting us to come home, to know Him, to experience His love and life for all eternity.

I magnify Him because we cannot go anywhere that He will not pursue our hearts.

I magnify Him because to know Him is to be truly alive.

I magnify Him because His truth sets us free from fear, darkness and bondage.

I magnify Him because in His presence there is joy that does not make sense at times, considering the circumstances in which we live.

I magnify Him because He is just.

I magnify Him because He is our Father who never leaves us.

I magnify Him because He sent His Son to save us, bringing us into loving fellowship with God.

I magnify Him because His Spirit guides us and works in our lives to transform us so we no longer remain in the miserable state of being lost and alone, but become fruitful in every aspect of our lives.

I magnify Him because He empowers us to reach others.

"Would you lose your sorrow? Would you drown your cares? Then go, plunge yourself in the Godhead's deepest sea; be lost in His immensity; and you shall come forth as from a couch of rest, refreshed and invigorated." C.H. Spurgeon

Nothing is more refreshing than God Himself, but it is important to have an accurate view of God that is not distorted by bad experiences or false teachings. So go read the Bible for yourself. Embark on a study that will not disappoint, because it leads to walking closely with the God who created you and wants you to know Him.

“I will bless the Lord at all times; His praise shall continually be in my mouth. My soul will make its boast in the Lord; the humble will hear it and rejoice. Magnify the Lord with me, and let us exalt His name together. I sought the Lord, and He answered me, and delivered me from all my fears. They looked to Him and were radiant, and their faces will never be ashamed. This poor man cried, and the Lord heard him and saved him out of all his troubles. The angel of the Lord encamps around those who fear Him and rescues them. O taste and see that the Lord is good; how blessed is the man who takes refuge in Him!” (Psalm 34:1-8)

A tribute: Thank you for writing something that gave me greater reason to magnify Him. Thank you for your time and your hibiscus tea. Thank you for offering a world of books for my quest. And thank you for your friendship, much love to you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Myra ,
That was a wonderful blog and encouraged me greatly . I deal alot with being focused on myself. I deal with anxiety attacks and they can make you feel self focused enormously . I would appreciate prayer . It feels like a form of bondage . I want to be free.
love In christ ,
Anna Bajus
( I go to your brother's church )